Moringa Black Rice Bread: Our Founder Marilyn Breaks Down Moringa Bread Making And Keeps It Real... Delicious!
Today we’re sharing our founder Marilyn’s delicious Moringa Black Rice Bread recipe and we can’t wait until you see how she breaks it down so you know, whatever your culinary skill level, that you’ve got this!
Moringa Black Rice Bread
For avocado toast
Makes one large loaf pan
4 2/3 cups flour
2 tsp dry active yeast
2 cups luke warm water
3 tsp salt
4 cups black rice
¼ cup moringa
1)Put the flour and moringa in a big bowl and make a well.
Sprinkle the dry yeast in the well and add about ½ cup water.
2) Cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes. (You may or may not get a beige sludge on the top of the water, but don't worry- what is important is to dissolve the yeast.)
3) Add the rest of the ingredients (except the rice) and mix.
4) Tip out onto the counter and knead well for 10 mins.
5) Pop the kneaded dough back into the bowl and cover.
6) Allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
7) Pull the dough out of the bowl and fold in the black rice ( Marilyn likes to flatten and roll it like a jelly roll) and give a few kneads till the rice is just mixed (do not over work at this point).
8) Put the dough back into the bowl and cover again, allow to rest 1-2 hours.
9) Turn dough out onto oiled surface and flatten into an oval, roll and tuck as you go along and when you reach the base tuck the ends under and place seam side down into the loaf pan and let rest for 1 hour.
10) Bake for 45 mins at 400 F. remove from oven and turn out of pan immediately onto a cooling rack and let cool for 1 hr.
You’ve got it!
Author: Marilyn Schlossbach